Approved by the Board of Trustees May 3, 2022
By using computers at the Nashua Public Library you acknowledge that you have read the
Computer Use Policy below and agree to abide by it. Failure to follow the Policy may result in
the suspension of library computer privileges.
- Computer users must use their own valid Nashua library card, computer card, or a guest pass
to log in. Use of another person’s library card or computer card will result in suspension of
library computer privileges.
- Computer users must abide by the library code of conduct.
- There is a daily time limit on computer use. Customers may use their daily allotment on
either a laptop or desktop computer or a combination of those. This limit is subject to change
in response to customer demand.
- There is a cost for printing from the computers; the cost is posted at the printers and is
subject to change.
- Our public computers are easily seen by library staff and other patrons. In order to maintain
a comfortable environment for all library users viewing and/or displaying graphic sexual or
violent images is not allowed.
- Library computers may not be used for illegal activities. Users must respect the legal
protections to data and software provided by copyright and license law.
- Customers ages 11 to 17 may use computers in the Teen Room. Customers ages 11 and
under may use computers in the Children’s Room.
- The Internet offers access to a wealth of material that is personally, professionally and
culturally enriching to individuals of all ages. It is, however, an unregulated medium with a
highly diverse user population. The library cannot control or monitor the vast amount of
material accessible via the Internet and it is possible that individuals may view or access
information they personally find offensive or disturbing. Users must accept responsibility for
determining the suitability of content for themselves and their children