Join us for a wide variety of free films in the NPL Theater, Nashua’s last traditional movie theater space.
Food and drink are allowed in the theater, so feel free to bring your favorite movie snacks! Each month, we’ll show films from one of these genres below.
- Classic Cinema Sundays – Classic Hollywood films on Sunday afternoons at 1:30 pm. Complimentary coffee and snacks are provided.
- World Cinema Saturdays – Films from around the world.
- Stroller Matinees – A baby-friendly and judgment-free space for new parents and caregivers to enjoy adult films. We’ll turn down the volume and keep the lights on low, and attendees are welcome to move around, talk to their babies, and bring their strollers or car seats inside.
- Sensory-Friendly Screenings – We make adjustments for those with sensory sensitivities to create a comfortable environment, including reduced volume, dimmed lights, the freedom to move around/express emotions, and comfort items (like fidgets, moveable seating, etc.) are welcome.
- New Releases – Popular new releases on Tuesdays at 1:00 pm.
- Cult Films – Obscure films with dedicated fanbases.
- Science Goes to the Movies – Presented by the Brian S. McCarthy Foundation. Some of the best (and occasionally worst) science-fiction and science-inspired films.
- Family Films – From sing-alongs to free snacks, our Youth Services librarians program film experiences that the whole family will love.