February 19, 2021
The Nashua Public Library will reopen with limited service on Monday, March 1.
Customers will be able to enter the building to do the following:
- Pick up materials they have reserved, and browse and check out new materials. A small collection of items for children and teens will also be available for browsing and checkout.
- Browse the adult and teen stacks to select books, DVDs, CDs, audiobooks, videogames, and magazines during the following hours:
- Monday-Thursday: 10 am-1 pm, 3 pm-6 pm
- Saturday: 10 am-2 pm
- Ask librarians to retrieve books from the stacks for them.
- Get advice from librarians about what to read or watch next.
- Use computers and printers, by appointment only. Call 603-589-4600.
- Pick up packets of nonperishable food for children under 18.
- Use the tax PC in the lobby to print tax forms.
- Pick up items printed remotely (including tax forms) using the Print From Anywhere service.
- Make photocopies and send faxes.
Curbside pickup will continue to be available both for items placed on hold and food packets. The expanded Books by Mail program is also available.
The building will be open, and curbside pickup available:
- Monday-Thursday: 10 am-7 pm
- Saturday: 10 am-2 pm
Calls, emails, and chat will be answered:
- Monday-Thursday: 9 am-7 pm
- Friday and Saturday: 9 am-5 pm
To keep customers and staff safe in light of COVID-19, these restrictions will be in effect:
- A maximum of 45 customers may be in the building at a time.
- Masks will be required. The library will have a limited supply available for customers who arrive without one. For people who cannot wear masks, staff will retrieve items and bring them outside the building.
- Customers must observe social distancing.
- Items will be available using self-checkout only; staff will not check out materials (except for curbside pickup).
- The Children’s Room, Teen Room, and the Chandler Memorial Wing and its meeting and study rooms will be closed.
Items can be returned either to the book drops or the lobby. Because of COVID-19 precautions, items returned are quarantined for four days before being checked in. As a result, items that were checked out may continue to appear on a customer’s account for several days after being returned.
Overdue fines are currently suspended. People who need to pay for lost items are asked to pay by check or online.